This will always be a crowd pleaser. What’s not to love about a fajita chicken pie right. This is a simple dish that tastes amazing and like all my recipes you can always add your own twist to make it even better.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 30 – 45 Mins
Portions: 4 people
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1Tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Carton of Passata
- 1 Tin of Chickpeas
- 2 Wraps (any you can get your hands on will work)
- Approximately 50g Cheese (Use your favourite kind)
- First you will need to preheat your over to 180c/ Gas Mark 4 and put a large sauce pan on to heat up with a small amount of oil, any you have will be fine
- Now cut your chicken into bite size pieces and season in the paprika, cumin and salt and pepper
- By now your pan should be hot so you can add your chicken and cook until it becomes golden and cooked through
- Whiles your chicken is cooking you can now prepare your vegetables by finely dicing the onion, crushing the garlic and cutting your pepper into long strips
- Now your chicken is cooked put it into a separate bowl and now start to cook your onions and garlic until they become translucent then add your peppers and cook for a further 3 mins
- Now all your vegetables are cooked add your chicken back in and add your passata and let it simmer for approximately 10 mins then add your chickpea and simmer for a further 5 mins
- Ok, now your mixture should have reduced you can start to build your pie!
- Take an oven proof dish and place a third of the chicken mixture at the bottom of the dish then top with one of your wraps. Then add another third of the chicken and again top with a wrap then finally top with the rest of your chicken and sprinkle with cheese of your choice
- Now you can bake it for approximately 20 mins or until the cheese is melted and crispy then enjoy!