This is an absolute British classic so if your not from the UK you are properly thinking what on earth is it. It is amazing and if you haven’t had it you are missing out for sure. So if you don’t know what it is it’s basically a giant Yorkshire pudding with sausages, so what’s not to like. This recipe is super simple and full proof and great for a mid week meal so get making and enjoy.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 – 45 mins
Portions: 4 people
- 1 packet of your favourite Sausages (I like to use chicken sausage as they are lower in fat but still taste great)
- 140g Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 180ml Milk (Any milk or milk alternative will work, so use what you like i love the flavour almond milk gives)
- Large pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp Mixed herbs
- First preheat your oven to 200c/ Gas Mark 7 and get your sausages and put them into a large clean backing tray that you can then make your toad in the whole in. Then put them in the oven to start cooking for about 15 mins. They wont be completely cooked but don’t worry they will be by the end
- Now your sausages are starting to cook it’s time to make your batter. So take your flour and add your salt, pepper and mixed herbs and mix well. Now it’s time to add your wet ingredients so add both of your eggs and whisk well. Then slowly add your milk until you get a thin batter, you may not need all your milk so be careful
- Now you should have a lovely lump free batter, set this aside until your 15mins have pass and your sausage are partly cooked
- Ok, 15 mins have passed and it’s time to add your batter. So carefully pour your batter over your sausages and cook for a further 20 mins or until it is golden brown. Then serve with whatever you like (GRAVEY) and enjoy!