Mac and cheese is always a winner and this one will be a great hit. Super easy to make and even tastier to eat especially as it’s starting to get colder now.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Portions: 4 People
- 400g Dried Macaroni pasta (100g per person)
- 40g Butter
- 40g Flour
- 1 pint of milk (any you like will work)
- Cheese and more Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- 1 slice of bread white or brown, up to you
- First you need to pre heat the oven to 190 c and put a pan of water on to boil for you pasta
- Now you can chop your bacon and mushrooms into small slices and fry until they become crispy, once this is done put it to one side. By now your water should be boiling so you can cook your pasta this should take about 10 – 12 mins
- Whiles your pasta is boiling you can make your cheeses sauce. So first melt your butter then add your flour and cook out for a few mins then gently pour in your milk a bit at a time and continue to stir until your sauce becomes smooth and thick. Now you can add your cheese, add as much as you like and add your favourite cheese!
- By now your pasta should be cooked so take your sauce and add this to your pasta a long with your mushrooms and bacon and mix well and place in an oven prof dish then top with cheese and take your bread and grate over top. Then finally put in the oven for about 20 mins until it becomes golden and crispy then enjoy