These are so easy to make and even easier to eat. The perfect treat for Christmas.
Prep Time: 1 Hour 30 (1 hour to rest the dough)
Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Portions: 20 Biscuites
- 180g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1Tsp Vanilla or Orange extract
- 1250g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Jar of Jam of your choose
- First you need to cream together your butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy then add your vanilla or orange extract then your flour and mix until it forms a dough
- You can now wrap this in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour
- Ok an hour has passed, you can now preheat your oven to 180c and prepare your trays ready to bake
- Now roll your dough on a floured surface to about 0.50cm thickness (so not to thin or they will brake)
- To create your biscuit take a round cutter and cup to create the bottom of your biscuit then cut another circle and use a small star cutter to cut out the centre of your other biscuit which will be the top
- You can now continue this until you have no dough left and then cook for 10 – 15 mins until golden brown
- You will now need to wait till your biscuits are completely cool, then sandwich them together with jam and dust with icing sugar then eat until they are all gone!