If you want to try and test yourself then why not have a go at creating your own Easter Bunny Bread. You will have great fun and really impress everyone with this Easter treat.
Prep Time:2 Hours
Cooking Time: 20 – 30 Mins
- 400g Strong Flour (White or Wholemeal, its up to you)
- 1 (7g) packet of dry yeast (Fresh 10g)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 325 ml Warm Water
Equipment you will need
- Food Mixer with bread hock attachment
- Large Bowl
- Baking Tray
- First make sure your flour is in a large bowl so you can make your dough in it. You can either do this by hand or if you are lucky enough to have a food mixer use that
- Now add your yeast to your flour. If you are using fresh be sure to dissolve this in the flour by using your fingertips and spread throughout
- Now add your salt and mix well
- It’s now time to add your water SLOWLEY and don’t add it all at once as you may not need it all. Mix the water with the flour until it starts to form a dough
- Now your dough is starting to come together you can start to knead it. This should take about 10 mins by hand (time to build your muscles) or about 5 mins with your mixer
- Once the dough is smooth and springs back its time to leave it to prove for about an hour or until it has doubled in size
- Right, an hour has gone it’s now time to knock it back. Which means punch your dough GENTLY to get the air out if it
- Now time to shape. So separate your dough into 3 part with one being big enough to be the body, another for the head and finally one for the ears, tail, face details and paws. Once you have created all your shapes you can connect them by carefully pressing them together. You can also use a small amount of water to help them stick if you need to
- Once you have shaped your dough it’s time to leave it for another prove, don’t worry it’s only 30 mins this time
- Now preheat your oven to 200c / Gas Mark 6
- 30 mins have gone and its time to bake . Before this you can spice your bread up by sprinkling with cheese or seed or something else, it’s up to you!
- Now bake for 20-30 mins until golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap the bottom
- Now time to enjoy!